Wednesday, November 28, 2012
If you are reading this e-mail
November 10, 2012
I've turned in the packet, I'm praying, I have hope and I decide I am going to have faith. I'm going to trust in the mighty God who is in charge. I remind my self--God does know what he is doing. Every time I try and take charge it never works out so the only thing to do is trust in Him. I (somewhat) patiently wait for the answer and to pass the time I volunteer for adopt-a-block.
Adopt-a-block is something that my church does. They have "adopted" certain neighborhoods in our city that have people who are in need expically for food. We bring the food to them and knock on doors to see how people are doing.
I meet up with my BFF Amanda who leads a block. Amanda is going to Africa also. In fact she introduced me to the leader when I was trying to tell her I cant go :-) We handed out food and while we waited for more people I asked her when will we know about Africa? She said, "Oh your going." ........ what?
"What?" I say again, when did you find this out? "Oh, today," she said you should be getting an email soon. Later that afternoon I receive an e-mail. Subject: Uganda. I open the e-mail and the first sentence says, "Hello 2013 Uganda Team, if you are receiving this email it means your application was accepted."
I've been accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am immediately scared, nervous, doubtful of my capabilities and EXCITED all at the same time. I'm going to Africa - what just happened? My dream my vision is here in my grasp and now all I have to do is trust in God to provide the funds that I need so I can go.
Anyone need cupcakes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment