November 28
Uganda's My Mission,
My mission is to get to Kampala, Uganda and to do that the only thing in my way is the money for the plane tickets. ($1673.44) I have until February 26th.
I do have another $727.56 to come up with for hotel and other in country costs but that has me less worried. I can raise that money on my own cupcake selling, photo taking, saving my Christmas and birthday money abilities. (probably)
My new idea stemmed from the meeting. They talked about sending out mission letters. As I said earlier in this blog, the leader of this trip went on mainly donations and it was from the mission letters. My problem there wasn't enough room on one page to tell the true story of why I am going on this trip.
I wrote a letter that looks more like a news letter. My idea was to have important information on the sides and the story in the middle. I liked how it looked and it was nearly done so I asked my mom to read it and tell me what she thought. Her first reaction is that I had left a lot of the journey out. I remind her that there is only so much room. I also say once the letters are out I will post that I am going to Africa on facebook and they can get more information there.
I am then reminded about one of the members of the trip saying her friend had something from paypal that people could go to and pay right away. I started to look into it thinking I could put it on my facebook page. I found what they called a widget and it was neat. It gave you a goal and you can keep track of who donated and how much you have left to collect. I make the widget and then realize its for a blog.
I remember my friend Hillary who started writing a blog on her adventures in Alaska. It's like sitting next to her and talking to her. I thought I could do that. I googled blog the first one that popped up was blogger.com and I started writing. I wrote the first 3 that night. I, however, was a bit nervous to share it so I sent it to my friend Hillary and she said, "Take the step."
Over the last few days I have looked over the first 3 posts and added a few commas and quotations and still like what I wrote. I talked to a few other friends and they liked it too.
So today (December 1st) I sat at my computer and finished everything I had to say. I also added the widget.
Family and friends if you have been reading this blogg this is so you will know about the journey I'm on and have taken so that I can go to Africa. When I say. "I'm going to Africa" this is everything that is behind that simple sentence.
Please stay with me on this journey. Please think about how you can help me on this journey. If you can donate you can use the paypal widget that is on my blog.
If you want to make a tax deductible donation, Mail me a check made out to THE FATHERS HOUSE in the memo put UGANDA or MISSION TRIP and you will receive a giving statement in time for taxes. It is important not to put my name on the check if you want a tax deductible donation.
If you can't donate to my trip financially please pray. Prayer is powerful. You see from my posts that I am already battling fear and doubt.
Thank you for caring about me and wanting to see what I care about. I hope that you continue to read my posts so you can stay on the journey with me.
I am blessed to have great friends and family,
Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment